The third annual ARTS ATL Luminary Awards are Atlanta’s premier arts honors, celebrating the social impact, diversity, innovation, leadership and generosity of the city’s creative community. In a ceremony held at City Winery on Jan. 27, Atlanta artists will celebrate their own as part of a night including unforgettable performances and a few fun surprises.
Nominations for 2019 have been closed. Award recipients will be announced soon.
The five awards to be conferred are the following:
- Arts Education — An arts educator or education program that creates real impact on students and communities.
- Outstanding Leadership — An organization or individual whose lasting guidance has cultivated and maintained the Atlanta arts community.
- Philanthropic Legacy — Celebrating a lifetime of giving to support the arts in Atlanta.
- Community Engagement — An organization or individual that has created social change through the arts.
- Arts Innovation — Recognizing the use of technology to reimagine the creation or distribution of art.
The achievements of the 2019 Luminary Awards recipients will be showcased throughout the evening’s ceremony. Following the event, the honorees’ profiles will be published on ArtsATL. The profiles will commemorate the winners’ innovative contributions to the Atlanta arts community, and each will be prefaced by a short, in-depth video, which will be shown during the Luminary Awards ceremony.
To see highlights of the 2018 Luminary Awards, visit here.